CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

This Computer Will NOT Beat Me!

 
Ok....I'm getting to it....one more minute....really!
These are my famous words as of lately....having too much to do, can't get focused, so I end up doing a little bit of everything and then collapsing in bed feeling as if I have gotten nothing done for 2 weeks! Ugh!

Yes, another rambling! But when I feel pulled in so many directions and none of those roads show light at the end? Well then there has to be time for me to expel all of these frustrations....right onto the page....right?
As you have noticed, I haven't done anything on my blog for about 2 weeks and my kids have complained to me for these 2 weeks that I haven't left my computer! I'm sorry!! It's just that when I am trying to redesign a website, trying to keep 2 businesses up and running with very little cash, trying to stay on top of the day-to-day family stuff, and not go insane...I tend to lose myself very easily.

Being somewhat new to the technical side of website design (I'd rather just put the pretty pictures and cute stuff on), it is proving to be a very big learning curve for me....and being the perfectionist that I am, I can't seem to leave it alone unless I feel in some way I have made considerable progress. It seems to take such a considerable amount of time to accomplish even the smallest task because I have to learn how to do so much. Computers exhaust me! Especially when I try to get help from these "techy" people and they speak a different language!! SPEAK ENGLISH! It takes me 4 hours to figure out how to change a page layout because I have to read what everything means, which takes me on this path of discovery that I didn't know existed only to snap myself out of this concentrated coma and realize that I haven't done anything in the past 2 hours but read how some guy tried a million different types of codes to change his style of font!! UGH!
Needless to say, I am feeling a bit frustrated with my lack of productivity. I am not one to give up easily, especially when it comes to figuring something out. So at the pit of my frustration last night, Terry turns to me, amidst my dramatic exhaustion, and encouragingly tells me that he would have given up a week ago and thinks that I have great persistence......yeah, me! Such small words of inspiration at just the right time! Exactly what I needed to hear to bolster my confidence once again. After all, I am not a quitter, I am not one to just give up, I love a challenge like this...I can prove that I can conquer this...I feel elated to "master" a task and have something to show for it in the end. So to say that a computer, a program, a technical difficulty has beaten me? No way!! Just give me 24 straight hours and I'll show you! Ha Ha!

So where am I this morning? Back in front of the computer!
And hopefully through my focus and determination, I can prove to be the creative and hard-working woman I know I truly am!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails