CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, October 22, 2010

Wishing Me Enough

 
On my quest to find contentment (hah!!)...due to the fact that the attitudes and behaviors exhibited by my oh-so-grateful children have left a lot to be desired..I figured I may (or may not) have something (just a little) to do with it. I KNOW! CRAZY HUH??

So trying to get to the bottom of why the young people in my house have had terrible, nasty, rude, obnoxious, and irritating attitudes (just my opinion), I wanted to read up on it and find out if it is only my house that seems to be in a constant state of grumpy!

Now I have to start out by saying that there is 1 family member that is the epitome of optimistic happiness and is forever smiling and laughing and being goofy…..and if it wasn’t for her personality, I think our whole house would collapse in piles of sulking faces!! My Madison has such a great, uplifting attitude in most everything she is a part of and it is quite contagious! She may get on the nerves of her brothers and sister, but it is always with the intention to make them laugh…..and I just LOVE her for that!!

BUT, our household obviously has not caught on to Madison’s ability to see the glass half full, which has led me on this quest for ENOUGH.

As the saying goes, “when you point your finger at someone, there are 4 more fingers pointing back at you”, I knew that before I continue to scold and reprimand the ugly attitudes of my children, I first had to look at how my own attitude needed a bit of tweaking!

So in reading blogs, journal entries, and devotionals, I ran across these thoughts by SeniorLiving Ministries which were passed down from generations of mothers to their daughters and have struck a chord in my heart…..(Read at least twice)

I wish you enough sun to keep your attitude bright. I wish you enough rain to appreciate the sun. I wish you enough happiness to keep your spirit alive. I wish you enough pain so that the smallest joys in life appear much bigger. I wish you enough gain to satisfy your wanting. I wish you enough loss to appreciate all that you possess. I wish you enough hellos to get through the final goodbye."


My wish, for myself, is that I would find this ENOUGH in order to pass onto my children the wisdom in what it takes to truly know what it means to have ENOUGH.


That for everything going on in my life (our lives):

I must choose to joyfully be present so they can learn the value of a good attitude.

I must choose to appreciate, so they can learn to be content.

I must choose to make memories and laughter so they can learn to simply enjoy.


I love to be inspired to be better, to make choices for change that I know will forever impact my ability to become a better person and in turn a better mother.
And I love that with an inspired attitude, I can take on this chaotic life of mine….and SMILE.

1 comment:

Eschelle Westwood Mumfection said...

Lovely post I am happy that I came to check you out. Looking forward to reading you in the future!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails